MSR Mutha Hubba NX
- Our customers rate us 9.8 out of 10
- Fast world wide shipping
- Ordered before 16:00 CET, Shipped the same day
Newly redesigned, the best-selling, freestanding backpacking tent has reinvented lightweight livability for three.
Featuring a new floorplan that offers each occupant easy access to doors and gear, the MSR® Mutha Hubba NX tent is the ideal tent for a minimalist trio backpacking deep into the Sierras in the heat of summer, or tackling the Appalachian Trail for an extended trip in the spring. The easy-to-assemble 3-person tent features a new frame geometry that improves ventilation and interior headroom, two easy setup options, and the most livable accommodations for 3-season conditions.
Designed for backpackers who need a tent that can do it all while still being compact and lightweight, our bestselling MSR Hubba Hubba 2-person tent feels as light and efficient to use as it does to carry. From its optimized, symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor that maximize space, down to its integrated, adjustable stake-out loops that speed setup, this tent redefines lightweight livability. Whether you’re setting out to climb the Sawatch Range or circumnavigate Mount Rainier along the Wonderland Trail, the freestanding, 3-season Hubba Hubba tent lets you enjoy the full backcountry experience — including time spent in the tent.
- Ultralight: Minimum weight is 1.54 kg / 3 lbs 9 oz; Fast & Light weight is 1.66 kg / 3 lbs 11 oz.
- Maximum Space: Head and elbow room throughout tent; two large side-entry vestibules to store gear.
- Livable: Two large StayDry™ doors with built-in rain gutters; adaptable, cross-ventilating rainfly.
- Easy Setup & Packing: Unified hub-and-pole system with color-coded clips; ultra-compact compression stuff sack.
- Optimized symmetrical geometry and non-tapered floor
- Large, easy-entry D-shaped StayDry™ door and vestibule
- Side entry zipper orientation
- Rainfly kickstand vent
- Adjustable rainfly (roll-up vestibule & stargazer view)
- Light gray rainfly color (neutral light) or green rainfly
- Adjustable integrated stake-out loops
- Lightweight reflective guy-outs
- Durable high-tenacity nylon fabrics
- Reinforced Infinity bar tacks and lap-felled seams
- Durashield™-coated rainfly and bathtub-style floor
- Compression stuff sack with pull handle
- Freestanding Fast & Light® setup options allow you to set up tent with rainfly only for ultra-minimalist trips
- Side entry zipper orientation allows vestibule door to hang out of your way for unrestricted access
- Large StayDry™ door features built-in rain gutter and waterpoof taped seams for reliable weather protection
- Kickstand vent in rainfly aligns with mesh window to provide fresh air and minimize condensation, keeping interior dry and comfortable
- Ultra-compact, side-loading compression stuff sack can also be folded inward and secured with compression straps to fit optimally in your backpack
|Fast & Light® Weight w/ footprint (Standard)||3 lbs 11 oz|
|Fast & Light® Weight w/ footprint (Metric)||1.66 kg|
|Minimum Weight (Standard)||3 lbs 9 oz|
|Minimum Weight (Metric)||1.54 kg|
|Packed Weight (Standard)||5 lbs|
|Packed Weight (Metric)||2.26 kg|
|Floor Area (Standard)||39 sq. ft|
|Floor Area (Metric)||3.67 sq. m|
|Vestibule Area (Standard)||17.5 (8.75 + 8.75) sq. ft|
|Vestibule Area (Metric)||1.3 sq. m|
|Tent Volume (Standard)||81 cu. ft|
|Tent Volume (Metric)||2290 liters|
|Number of Poles||1 DAC Pressfit|
|Interior Peak Height (Standard)||44 in|
|Interior Peak Height (Metric)||112 cm|
|Packed Size (Standard)||21x7 in|
|Packed Size (Metric)||53x17 cm|
|Number of Doors||2|
|Rainfly Fabric||20D ripstop nylon 1200mm Durashield™ polyurethane & silicone|
|Canopy Fabric||20D ripstop nylon & DWR|
|Mesh Type||15D nylon micro-mesh|
|Floor Fabric||30D ripstop nylon 3000mm Durashield™ polyurethane & DWR|
|Vestibule Volume (Metric)||453L|
|Vestibule Volume (Standard)||16 cu. ft|
|Country of Origin||Imported|