Contour Hybrid Mix 135mm
- Our customers rate us 9.8 out of 10
- Fast world wide shipping
- Ordered before 16:00 CET, Shipped the same day
The Contour Hybrid mix climbing skins have a unique adhesive layer that has several advantages in comparison with traditional hot glue climbing skins. These Hybrid skins are easy to use, have a strong hold in all temperatures, no need for skinsavers, are durable and easy to clean. This Hybrid Mix has a 65% Mohair and 35% Nylon ratio wich is the ideal combination of grip and durability.
It is important to choose the correct length hand width for you climbing skins so they fit your skis the correct way and give you grip where you need it. Besides that it is a waste of money to select a skin that is to wide because you will cut away a lot on the sides.
Choosing the correct width
- Check the width of the tip of your skis. You can find this in the specs tabel on the product page of the ski or if you already have skis you can find this or simply measure the widest point.
- Select a skin width that covers the width of the tip or is a little narrower. The skin may not be wider than the width of the tip. If the skin is more narrow make shure it is not more than 15 millimeters smaller.
- Example: Your Salomon QST 99 in the length 181 is 138mm wide in the tip. A 140mm skin is to wide and a 120mm skin is to narrow. A good width is 130mm.
Choosing the correct length
- Climbing skins are adjustable on the tails via a strap and all climbing skins are available in several lengths.
- Select the length of your skin so that the length of your ski fits in the middle of the adjustment range of the skin.
- Example: Your Salomon QST 99 is 181cm long. From the Contour Hybrid mix the correct size is 177-184cm. If the length of your skis are on the edge of two size ranges it is best to choose the shorter length because climbing skins will stretch out a little.
The unique hybrid adhasive side is built from two technical layers that make a solid connection with inside surface of the climbing skin aswell as the base of your skis. This Hybrid technology offers many advantages. These skins will give you a strong hold even in the coldest circumstances and also after multiple tours on one day. These skins are also very easy to use and you will never have the need to replace the adhesive sides like you will need to do over time with traditional hot glued climbing skins. The Hybrid adhesive side is easy to clean so when you feel there is to much ski wax residue on the adhesive layer you can simply clean it and it will stick like new.
With these skins you will get a smart knife that cuts the edges of your skis free, a storage bag, a skin saver for long term storage and a micro-fiber cloth to clean and dry the base of your skis before you apply your skins.
The Hybrid technology from Contour is the first climbing skin adhesive consisting of two different layers. The first layer holds the skin in place on your skis even in the coldest circumstances. This layer also makes it very easy to remove the skin from the skis with leaving any sticky glue behind.
The second layer makes shure that this first adhesive layer has a strong and durable connection with the grip and glide layer of the skin. Durability is very important when you make serious tours in the backcountry. After years of use this adhesive side remains strong and sticky.
- Perfect adhesive layer that performs even in the coldest circumstances.
- Easy to remove from skis.
- Maintanance free and easy to clean
- No skin savers needed.
Every type of adhesive will pull some ski wax from the base when you remove the skins from the base, whether it is a traditional hot glue or any type of new silicone based adhesive. Depending the frequency of use your climbing skins will stick a little less over time. One of the big advantages of these Hybrid skins is that you can clean the adhesive side very easily. This is something you can not do with traditional hot glued skins, there you will eventually need to replace the entire glue layer. Contour offers a cleaning kit with everything you need.
The grip and glide layer of the Hybrid Mix climbing skins consists of a combination of Mohair and Nylon hairs mixed in a blend of 65% Mohair and 35% Nylon. This mix provides the perfect balance between durability, glide and grip.